Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My Friend Ginger

She's getting old, but is always ready for a walk.

17 comments:

eileeninmd said...

AWWW, Ginger is a sweetie! Cute photo!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Ginger is beautiful and I am sure it was a wonderful walk. All the best of the season to you my friend. Hugs B

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh what a sweet thing. I know how she feels (except for the always ready part!)

Rune Eide said...

I suppose he is like the rest of us :-)

Gemma Wiseman said...

What a gentle, kind expression on this beautiful dog's face. Lovely portrait.

Leovi said...

Excellent photo, nice dog!

chai-and-chardonnay.blogspot.com said...

What a lovely portrait!

Carver said...

She is a beauty.

Mascha said...

A very sensitive portrait, really a beauty she is -

Annette P.-L. said...

So lovely portrait And a beautiful dog!

Dragonstar said...

She is so pretty. A beautiful and sensitive portrait.

genie said...

You are lucky that your companion likes to walk. My Jack pulls my arm off so I do not walk with him, and Buster is way too lazy to walk. Such a sweet photo.

Anonymous said...

hoffe du hastGinger noch eine Weile..auch wenn sie schon alt ist,
freundlich wirkt sie

LG zum Weihnachtsfest vom katerchen



http://katerchen.designblog.de

Maggie May said...

What a lovely expression that dog has! Merry Christmas,
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Wendy said...

Ginger is beautiful!
A very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dog! Sometimes the old friends are the best.

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely, expressive photo! What a beautiful dog! We love our " baby" too. To us he's not a dog- he's family.